- All photographic or other reproductions shall be for an approved, one-time, one-edition use only*. Requests for additional uses, editions, or formats shall be made in writing to the archivist. The user shall incur a fine of three times the normal commercial use fee for each unauthorized reproduction.
- The Archives reserves the right to refuse any request for the reproduction of images or files that are not held in the public domain.
- Persons interested in publishing images or files owned by the Archives in any media (including but not limited to: print, digital, websites, social media, television, film) must complete a Permission to Publish form.
- In authorizing the publication or use of an image, or other digital file, the Archives does not surrender any rights it may have in the image, object, or file. The Archives makes no representations or warranties about the images, objects, or files and expressly disclaims all warranties and assumes no responsibility for infraction of copyright laws, invasion of privacy,or improper or illegal use that may arise from reproduction of the image, object, or file.
- In the case where copyright is held by a third party, the applicant is solely responsible for securing permission from the copyright owner to use the image, object,or file and will provide proof of such permission to the Archives if requested by the Archives. The applicant shall indemnify the Archives against any third-party claims of copyright infringement.
- The Archives reserves the right to deny permission to reproduce an image, object, or file from its collection to any applicant whose product is not acceptable to the Archives for any reason.
- The credit line will be provided by the Dr. Sandra F. Mather Archives and shall be attributed to each file reproduced. Abbreviations shall not be permitted. The credit line shall appear:
i. For printed material or electronic media, in immediate proximity to the reproduction or in the section within the publication devoted to photographic credits.
ii. For film and video use, included with other “Sources of Illustrations.” Collection name and catalog number may be omitted.
iii. For exhibitions, within the exhibition area.
- One complete, complimentary copy of the publication or other commercial product shall be furnished to the Archives, unless the image was not used. All expenses for shipping and handling are to be borne by the applicant.
*For those works in the Public Domain, a one-time processing fee applies, but there are no reproduction limits.