|Title||Northwest view overlooking the town of Breckenridge (Colo.)--1899-1909|
|Collection||Agnes Miner Collection|
Looking northwest towards Breckenridge from Barney Ford Hill. The large flat area in the foreground is the baseball field. Piles of riverbed rock are left behind by the dredges along the west side of town. Pictured off center to the right, the 1880-constructed Methodist Episcopal Church (M.E. Church) with bell and belfry, painted white, stands prominently on North French Street (in 1909 the Summit County Courthouse was built on this lot just south of the church). St. Mary's Church with bell and belfry, added in 1899, is also in view on French Street, dating this photograph circa 1899-1909.
|Credit line||Agnes Miner Collection; Colorado Springs Ghost Town Club. Courtesy Dr. Sandra F. Mather Archives, Breckenridge Heritage Alliance.|